[PD-dev] potential memory leak in g_graph.c

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Feb 26 04:36:46 CET 2013

Does anyone know why does the following exist inside the glist_delete
function inside g_graph.c:

             /* if we're a drawing command, erase all scalars now,
before deleting
             it; we'll redraw them once it's deleted below. */
         if (drawcommand)
canvas_redrawallfortemplate(template_findbyname(canvas_makebindsym(
                 glist_getcanvas(x)->gl_name)), 2);
         if (glist_isvisible(canvas))
             gobj_vis(y, x, 0);
   -->      if (x->gl_editor && (ob = pd_checkobject(&y->g_pd)))
   -->          rtext_new(x, ob);
         if (x->gl_list == y) {

That rtext is never freed after that so unless I am missing something I
see no reason why we would want to do this. Any ideas?

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology