[PD-dev] potential memory leak in g_graph.c

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Feb 26 05:38:23 CET 2013

Many thanks for the clarification, Miller.

The challenge I am trying to figure out is a memory leak report that
Jonathan shared with me. See:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3605235&group_id=55736&atid=478070

Basically deleting and creating the same object (in this case through
script as that is obviously quicker than doing it manually) keeps pd (or
pd-l2ork in this case) growing in terms of its memory footprint. I was
hoping that closing the patch would free that up but it doesn't...

Hence, my little adventure into figuring out why the said call. I am sure
there are others as even disabling that call doesn't help much in curbing
the growing memory footprint (at least over here).