[PD-dev] meta data for Miller's Pd tutorials

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Mar 4 17:48:56 CET 2013

Hey Jonathan,

Miller, Sofy Yuditskaya, Joshua Clayton, Joe Deken and I had a meeting to work
on our Pd Starter Kit project. As part of that, we want to build upon all your
meta data and search plugin work.  We thought it made sense to be able to tag
tutorials with meta so that the search plugin can dynamically generate
browsable lists of tutorials as well as provide a way to just search
tutorials, for example.  I'm happy to leave the exact meta data format to you
since you've got the best idea of how it should be, and I can contribute
coding to the search plugin.  This would be one more step to eliminating the
old Help Browser.

Miller and I were also talking about adding meta data to his included
tutorials. He thought the best way to submit that to him would be if you start
with the current tutorial files in 2.control.examples, 3.audio.examples, and
4.data.structures that are in git, then add the meta data to them, then just
send those files to miller in one big package.  Is that workable for you?  It
would also be a good time to fix any spelling or grammar errors that you come
across, but it would not be a good time to do more substantial changes.
That's something for you to work out with Miller directly.