[PD-dev] A_CANT can but shouldn't

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 03:43:48 CET 2013

I thought A_CANT was supposed to turn off the ability to
send messages in the normal manner, but it doesn't seem
to do anything.

Question #1: Is there a place to add a check for A_CANT
and refuse to call the method if it's an arg?

Question #2: Shouldn't the "dsp" method of tilde objects
take an A_CANT instead of A_NULL?

Question #3: Since no one specifies A_CANT for their tilde
classes, can we put a check inside class_addmethod:
if $classname matches "*~" and $selector eq 'dsp' then give it a single A_CANT arg.

I think that would solve the [dsp(---[any-tilde-object~] crasher.

-Jonathan