[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3610461 ] asio drivers do not work with asio hammerfall dsp on Windows

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 10 14:13:01 CEST 2013

Bugs item #3610461, was opened at 2013-04-10 05:13
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3610461&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
I'm running pd on Windows 7 64-bit.  When selecting ASIO drivers in pd-extended 0.43.4 and configuring them to use ASIO hammerfall DSP pd displays an error indicating that audio is not working anymore.  It definitely works with the microsoft input and output devices, and some of the additional hammerfall stereo output devices.  The behavior is as follows:

1. I click on "ASIO (via portaudio)" and select as the output device "ASIO Hammerfall DSP"
2. I click apply then OK.
3. Audio stops working.
4. When I click on "ASIO (via portaudio)" then I cannot select an input device or output device at all anymore.

I did some research and found that ASIO drivers do work in pd (vanilla) 0.43.1 downloaded from http://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data/releases/0.43.1.  I noticed that in pd 0.43.1 there is a directory that doesn't exist in pd-extended 0.43.4 at <pd dir>/lib/asio.  If I copy this directory to my pd-extended 0.43.4 installation then the ASIO drivers work correctly with "ASIO Hammerfall DSP".  I've since double-checked and the asio directory is not in lib in pd-extended windows installer or windows installer or windows zip directory.

I did not try building pd from source code, but it seems it's simply a matter of including this directory in the installer?