[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3611604 ] [Bug Report] PD's crashes with csoundapi~.dll

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 22 22:58:11 CEST 2013

Bugs item #3611604, was opened at 2013-04-22 13:58
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by dolfo91
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3611604&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
Software:
PD Extended v. 0.43.4
OS:
Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3
Hardware:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Built-in sound card with ASIO4ALL driver

I report that the current version of PD Extended (.exe installer release) seems not working when I embed Csound in it through Victor Lazzarini's Csound API.
More precisely, I set ..\Csound\bin\ as external source path in PD's preferences; then, when I open a project with csoundapi~ as main object  (for ex. Victor Lazzarini's example), PD freezes. Therefore, I'm always forced to teminate pd.exe process and, after this, Windows crashes and reboots.
Using the zipped release, PD can't simply open csoundapi~.dll file, although I set the same path in PD's preferences or even I copy the .dll file itself in ..\PD\extra folder.
This issue doensn't occur with PD Vanilla 0.44 or PD Extended 0.42.5.
I hope this report will be useful for next updates.