[PD-dev] jack missing on 0.44.0

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat May 11 23:12:30 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 14:23 +0200, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
>  as a note: Compiling latest pd-0.44-3 on linux without specifying
> ./configure options results in a binary that displays a "portaudio"
> menu item instead of jack (although ./configure reports that pd will
> get compiled with alsa, oss and jack support).
>
> I managed to get it working by explicitely stating --enable-jack and
> --disable-portaudio to the configure script.

You had to specify --enable-jack also in previous versions of Pd. This
is not something new. Since 0.44 after the normal Pd configure script a
separate configure for portaudio is run. So at the very end you see the
summary of the portaudio script with the backends supported by portaudio
and not by Pd (from what I understand).

I agree this is a bit unlucky. A Pd related summary at the end would be
helpful.

Roman