[PD-dev] Functional Programming & C code generation

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Thu May 16 17:32:21 CEST 2013

> Cool stuff!
>
> What about using the same system generating GPU code (OpenGL/GLSL,
> OpenCL, Cuda, ...) for video DSP stuff?

I've been far removed from that world for a while.
Last time I looked there was just OpenGL with some 8-bit texture ops.

What would be a good way to start?
There seems to be several non-orthogonal ways to get access to 2D
graphics these days.

What I want to do is to get the image processing part of PDP to run on
the GPU.
Target platforms: desktop, Android, iOS, something like raspberry pi, ...
Currently probably Android as first attempt.

Also, PDP is 16 bit integer pixel depth.
Is that something that can be done easily these days?