[PD-dev] vanilla and extended on OSX

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de
Fri May 17 11:04:57 CEST 2013

Hi devs,

 I run into a very strange problem with a binary external compiled for
osx. It seems the binary works fine on pd-extended 0.44-3 but not on
vanilla 0.44-3 (that has been tested on OSX 10.7 and up on different
machines). The external's same binary has been running without any
problems on extended and vanbilla since OSX 10.4. The external uses
statically linked gnu-libraries and considering the errors in the pd
window it seems the problem has something to do with them.

Does anybody know the differences between vanilla and extended on OSX?
I realized that extended seems to use X11 while vanilla doesn't need
it, then I read something about full utf-8 support (this could have
some effect as the external dynamically creates and reads in patches)
and maybe there are different compiler settings. Maybe that gets me
somewhere...

--
Orm