[PD-dev] jack dbus?

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed May 29 17:13:29 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013, at 05:00 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> ________________________________

The pulseaudio mixer allows you to set sink per application. This is
under the "playback" tab, which only shows currently streaming
applications.
You can also select jack as the default output under the tab "output
devices", in which case all applications will use jack by default.
It's the button that when hovering over it says "Set as fallback".

What you need to install in order for this to work automatically:
jackd2 (and start jackdbus, not jackd)
pulseaudio-module-jack (the jackdbus_detect module)

It is possible to have PA create or destroy sink and source for jack
manually as well, using the pactl tool. This will also work for jackd
(jack2 only).