[PD-dev] remove tk scaling

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 00:21:51 CEST 2013

________________________________

just the fonts Pd uses explicitly?  One can get an unscaled font by asking
for a size like -12 - then we wouldn't have to bash tk_scalaing globally
(thereby ruining font sizes in open dialogs and whatnot that Pd doesn't
depend on anyhow.)

>(the relevant doc is in the "font" manual age for TK; "If size is
a negative number, its absolute value is interpreted as  a  size in pixels."

That's exactly what Pd does-- I should have said in my previous message
I tested patches with 0.44-3 on Debian Wheezy, OSX, and Windows
XP.  All the iemgui and object fonts must be negative because they are
pixel exact whether you use [tk scaling 0.2] or [tk scaling 8].

Furthermore, if someone codes a gui external that doesn't use pixel
sizes for fonts to appear on the canvas _and_ they want pixel-exactness,
it's a bug, no?

-Jonathan