[PD-dev] OSX tcl/tk version

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 04:55:47 CEST 2013

________________________________

I tried searching the bug tracker for cocoa, apple, osx, macos, carbon... didn't
find what you're referring to.  If you can steer me in the right direction I'd be happy
to take a look.  (I'm already looking at why Pd gives duplicated menu entries for
"Preferences" so I might as well...)

>If you want to try with a stock Pd-extended 0.43.4, just remove the
>Tcl.framework and Tk.framework from inside of the app wrapper, and it should
>use the one included in /System/Library/Frameworks or /Library/Frameworks.

Thanks.

Btw-- does anyone know a way to screw around with the contents of an OSX
*.app that _doesn't_ require giving root password every time I make a change?
It's quite telling that the user can run an app dl'd from the net, but the idea that
a user would ever change what an app does to suit their needs is so remote that
you  have to call the administrator in to sign off on it.

-Jonathan