[PD-dev] SIGPIPE on iemnet's tcpserver

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 20:38:26 CEST 2013

On Don, 2013-07-04 at 14:20 +0200, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> ok thanks for the explanation
>

> so, for now, there is now way to setup a working [udpserver] in pd
> right ?
> if so, I will stay with [tcpserver] even if I don't need tcp...

I think that is your best bet.

I'm still not quite clear what problems you're trying to overcome. Have
you tried my patches? Do they work? If not, in what way do they fail?

In the meanwhile I came to the conclusion it's probably not worth
putting too much time into a server failure proof design. If the sole
purpose of the server is to act as a message relay between clients, it
will most likely run stable enough. For instance, the netpd server which
is also basically a relay for messages usually runs for months without
crashing. If you have a stable server, many of the workarounds you had
to implement are not necessary. 'Simple' often equals stable.

Roman