[PD-dev] pd-extended exectuable - packaging for Debian

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Mon Aug 12 12:10:17 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013, at 09:06 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 08/11/13 15:03, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> > Never mind. I found an option during configuration to solve this
> > problem.
> >

> whatever you are doing, you might also want to check out how we do this
> in the "puredata" package (where "pd" is renamed to "puredata")

Thanks. I'm studying the puredata rules file.
But, not sure yet if I need to use any of that. Well, maybe from where
to find the changelog, and such.

As is now, I can change the name of the executable with the configure
option --program-suffix.
The files always end up in /usr/lib/pd-extended no matter what. Should
the config option also change that?
However, there seems to be a bug. It changes three files, not only the
executable.
I solve it by using a postinst script to rename the two files that
shouldn't.

https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/1105/