No subject

Fri Oct 4 14:02:58 CEST 2013

and globals,
encapsulate them in one object, and pass that object to all api calls.
Peter further suggested legacy api is maintained by having them call the
new api with a default instance object.

I did a little bit of hunting, using objdump on the current dll, to get a
rough list of all the globals and statics currently involved.

Im thinking the *_class and *_sym static pointers are in fact constant, and
need only one shared instance.  That would leave about 320 variables
remaining.
Many of these variables are constant arrays, strings, etc.
And many seem to be used only as a shortcut for passing data between two
functions, possibly bringing down the number further.

Im toying with the idea of taking on this task if anyone's interested.
I may require some tips and help from the forum, in terms of creating a
branch, explanation of some statics etc.

So how feasible is this? Am I on the right track?
Thanks very much,
Rob Bairos.

PS. Im including the relevant variable list below if anyone's curious.

--------------
rdata Section
--------------
iemgui_vu_scale_str
iemgui_vu_col
iemgui_vu_db2i
iemgui_color_hex
garray_widgetbehavior
glist_valid
graph_widgetbehavior
drawnumber_widgetbehavior
plot_widgetbehavior
curve_widgetbehavior
text_widgetbehavior
s_
s_y
s_x
s__X
s__N
s_signal
s_anything
s_list
s_bang
s_float
s_pointer
sys_schedblocksize
sys_audioapiopened
sys_audioapi
sys_flags
sys_fontweight
sys_font
sys_midioutdevlist
sys_midiindevlist
sys_nmidiin
sys_nmidiout
sys_hipriority
pd_compiledate
pd_compiletime
pd_version
sys_usestdpath
sinwrk
coswrk
init.3151
garray_floattemplatefile
garray_arraytemplatefile
dollarzero.6960
canvas_newdirectory
canvas_newfilename
scalar_widgetbehavior
gatom_widgetbehavior
sys_mutex
sched_useaudio
audio_advance
audio_naudiooutdev
audio_naudioindev
loaders
sys_dllextent2
sys_dllextent
sys_fontlist
sys_nchout
sys_nchin
sys_nsoundout
sys_nsoundin
random_nextseed.60641
p.57111
c1
c0
fpi.5824

--------------
.bss Section
--------------
ntab
stab
lsec
gdoo.5287
rsorlist
s_errornames
faultfontshit
agemessage
ailingBytesForUTF8
fsetsFromUTF8

--------------
.edata Section
--------------
glist_amreloadingabstractions
sys_nosleep
libpd_midibytehook
libpd_polyaftertouchhook
libpd_aftertouchhook
libpd_pitchbendhook
libpd_programchangehook
libpd_controlchangehook
libpd_noteonhook
libpd_messagehook
libpd_listhook
libpd_floathook
libpd_banghook
libpd_printhook
cos_table
bng_widgetbehavior
canvas_editing
canvas_list
canvas_dspstate
canvas_whichfind
hradio_widgetbehavior
hslider_widgetbehavior
my_canvas_widgetbehavior
my_numbox_widgetbehavior
toggle_widgetbehavior
vradio_widgetbehavior
vslider_widgetbehavior
vu_widgetbehavior
newest
pd_canvasmaker
pd_objectmaker
glob_pdobject
sys_perf
sys_idlehook
sys_sleepgrain
clock_setlist
sys_time
sys_time_per_dsp_tick
sys_advance_samples
sys_dacsr
sys_outchannels
sys_soundin
sys_schedadvance
sys_inchannels
sys_soundout
sys_defeatrt
sys_externalschedlibname
sys_noloadbang
sys_debuglevel
sys_verbose
sys_noautopatch
sys_extraflagsstring
sys_oldtclversion
sys_defaultfont
sys_nogui
sys_libdir
sys_guicmd
sys_guisetportnumber
sys_externalschedlib
sys_extraflags
sys_externlist
sys_helppath
sys_searchpath
sys_staticpath
sys_printhook
sys_printtostderr
firstnet
rsqrt_mantissatab
rsqrt_exptab
ugen_currentcontext
ugen_sortno
signal_usedlist
signal_freeborrowed
signal_freelist
dsp_phase
dsp_chainsize
dsp_chain
array_motion_fatten
array_motion_lastx
array_motion_yperpix
array_motion_xperpix
array_motion_initx
array_motion_elemsize
array_motion_npoints
array_motion_template
array_motion_wp
array_motion_array
array_motion_scalar
array_motion_glist
array_motion_yfield
array_motion_xfield
array_motion_ycumulative
array_motion_xcumulative
garray_arraytemplatecanvas
warned.7436
gcount.6988
tabcount
canvas_newargv
canvas_newargc
keynamesym.7202
keyupsym.7201
keynumsym.7200
cursorwas.6895
xwas.6894
reenter.6640
canvas_last_glist_y
canvas_last_glist_x
canvas_last_glist
paste_canvas
paste_onset
canvas_findbuf
canvas_find_wholeword
canvas_find_index2
canvas_find_index1
canvas_upy
canvas_upx
canvas_upclicktime
canvas_undo_already_set_move
canvas_undo_name
canvas_undo_canvas
canvas_undo_buf
canvas_undo_whatnext
canvas_undo_fn
copy_binbuf
rtext_entered
warned.6667
drawnumber_motion_firstkey
drawnumber_motion_gpointer
drawnumber_motion_template
drawnumber_motion_wp
drawnumber_motion_array
drawnumber_motion_scalar
drawnumber_motion_glist
drawnumber_motion_ycumulative
curve_motion_gpointer
curve_motion_template
curve_motion_wp
curve_motion_array
curve_motion_scalar
curve_motion_glist
curve_motion_yper
curve_motion_ybase
curve_motion_ycumulative
curve_motion_xper
curve_motion_xbase
curve_motion_xcumulative
curve_motion_field
tryingalready
maxclass
outlet_eventno
stackcount
pd_loadingabstraction
lastpopped
gstack_head
idletime.59619
sched_nextmeterpolltime.59581
sched_referencelogicaltime
sched_referencerealtime
sched_lastoutdb
sched_lastindb
sched_lastoutclip
sched_lastinclip
sched_meterson
sched_dioredtime
sched_diored
oss_resync
oss_nresync
oss_resyncphase
sys_histphase
sched_didnothing
sched_didpoll
sched_diddsp
sys_histtime
sys_histogram
sys_quit
initted.5834
audio_nextoutchans
audio_nextinchans
audio_callback_is_open
audio_blocksize
audio_callback
audio_rate
audio_audiochoutdev
audio_audiooutdev
audio_audiochindev
audio_audioindev
audio_state
sys_outmax
sys_inmax
sys_meters
reentered.61489
sys_bytessincelastping
sys_waitingforping
sys_guibufsize
sys_guibuftail
sys_guibufhead
sys_guibuf
sys_guiqueuehead
nt_freq
nt_inittime
sys_socketreceiver
inbinbuf
sys_guisock
sys_maxfd
sys_fdpoll
sys_nfdpoll
sys_loaded
sys_choutlist
sys_chinlist
sys_soundoutdevlist
sys_soundindevlist
sys_batch
sys_listplease
sys_main_blocksize
sys_main_callback
sys_main_advance
sys_main_srate
sys_version
sys_messagelist
sys_openlist
saidit.5587
errstring
errobject
error_string
error_object
gfxstub_binbuf
gfxstub_list
count.2506
prev.2505
lastwarntime.58421
pleasewarn.58422
argc
argm
curr
argv
initialized
freelist

--047d7b5db124b0a0ec04ece465be

hanged a couple brief messages with Peter Brinkmann.<br>Im interested in fi=
nding out what would be involved in making pdlib support multiple instances=
.<br>