[PD-dev] Problem with renaming setup functions

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Fri Nov 15 19:28:53 CET 2013

Hi,

On 15.11.2013 10:43, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> i'm not sure what you want to acchieve.

I want to achieve a common naming convention for the setup function of
all objects in my library, currently some have the name of
<object>_setup, some setup_<object>.

> it seems that you are creating an object [json-encode], which (since it
> is not loaded yet) will make Pd look for a file named "json-encode.dll"
> and once it found it, it will look in the dll for an entry function
> named "setup_json0x2dencode".
>
> Pd will *not* look for the function "json_encode_setup()".
> Pd uses the library name to calculate the setup function name; a library
> "foo" must provide a setup-function "foo_setup()". a library with weird
> characters, like "foo-bar" must provide a setup-function
> "setup_foo0x2dbar()". there is no way to tell Pd that it should use
> "foo_setup()" for the library "foo-bar".

When I try to rename the function rest_setup() to setup_rest(), Pd tells me

 rest
error: ... couldn't create
error: load_object: Symbol "rest_setup" not found

Does Pd have a cache of setup functions? I am using
Pd 0.44.0-extended-20130611

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"[D]ie Kunst flieht, wenn ihr eure Thaten sofort mit dem historischen
Zeltdach überspannt." (Friedrich Nietzsche - Vom Nutzen und Nachtheil