[PD-dev] [GEM-dev] GEM for Windows build on Microsoft Visual C++

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 20:56:03 CET 2013

hello,

I didn't find a solution to investigate firther the DLL loading error so I
setup a new environnement in Visual C++ from scratch.
And it build.
Also i made a static FTGL library with freetype 2.5.0 (the 2.3.5 has
linking issue even with FTGLdemo).

So I have a working Gem.dll statically linked to FTGL and Freetype (no need
to have lot's of DLL beside it).
Not tested yet, but Gem.dll loads on Windows XP SP3 (but you need
msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll besides it since it was built under WIndows
7).
and [gemvertexbuffer] (both on Windows 7 and XP SP3)

Cheers

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr