[PD-dev] More sophisticated clarinet model

Dr Nicholas J Bailey nicholas.bailey at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Jan 9 11:40:50 CET 2014

I'm working on building a microtonal instrument in Pd using a breath
controller. I've got one working, using the Stanford University STK clarinet
model due to Cook and Scavone, but the results, while they have been used in a
performance context at conferences and so on, don't really do the performer
justice.

Does anybody know of something a bit more state-of-the-art that could be used
to make clarinet sounding a little more convincing and being a bit more
controllable? I don't mind putting a bit of effort into building a Pd wrapper
for C code etc, but I really don't want to get my hands too dirty with any DSP
programming right now. It would have to be something I could distribute,
preferably FOSS.

There's a video explaining what I'm trying to do here:

	https://vimeo.com/77621987

(the patch has been improved a little since then, but it still sounds pretty
much the same). Alex South explains the limitations of the system we've got so
far at about 6'15 and again at about 9'15.

Nick/.