[PD-dev] Question for Dennis: How do you use Pd?

Dennis Engdahl engdahl at snowcrest.net
Thu Feb 27 18:12:47 CET 2014

Well, the first usage would be to operate the mixer remotely.  Although
Behringer does provide PC and MAC software for doing this, they have never
bothered to update it when they updated the firmware in the mixer, and it
is no longer compatible with the mixer.  Operating the controls with pd
should be fairly straightforward.

The second usage would be a mini control panel that is evnvisioned to be
installed by the door to the sanctuart (probably Arduino based), which
would allow control of simple setups for daily usage of the sanctuary
(probably by simply recalling a "scene" in the X32).  This box would set
up lights and sound for one or two microphones and lighting the speaker's
area.  This would mean that the sound booth could remain locked during the
week, and sound technicians would not be required.

Dennis Engdahl
engdahl at snowcrest.net
(530) 926-2996