[PD-dev] [PD] Rewriting a unified phasor / metro object for reading tables

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:23:41 CET 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 11:18 +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On 07/03/14 08:22, Brian Fay wrote:
> > Does anybody know if sample-accurate [metros] are available in libpd?
>
> Looking at x_time.c in libpd it does not seem like those changes from
> Miller's branch have been merged into libpd yet. I am sure somebody will
> get to it soon, or you could do it yourself and submit a patch.

I believe we're discussing to separate things, that don't necessarily
relate to each other. One topic is [metro]'s precision. It has been
sub-sample precise at least since I started understanding the concept (~
0.40). So I think it is very likely the [metro] in libpd is precise as
well (though I haven't used libpd myself and cannot test).

Then there have been a lot of methods added to [metro] in Pd 0.45. Those
just make it simpler to use it and save the user to do timing
calculations on her/his own. They are just a convenience, but don't
affect [metro]'s precision.

Roman