[PD-dev] Which one is the correct repository to submit patches for externals code? (Was: oggread~ not working on pd-extended or libpd on windows.)

Rafael Vega email.rafa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:05:40 CEST 2014

I found and fixed a bug in oggread~ that is windows specific. The fix is a
one liner in oggread~.c (details in previous thread).

I thought the central place for externals code was the SVN "community
repo"at [1] but the comments below confuse me.

Can someone please confirm which one is the correct place to submit a patch?

Thanks!   :)

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Simon Wise <simonzwise at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/04/14 14:21, Martin Peach wrote:
>
>> I think it's here:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/patches/
>>

> that seems to be for pd rather than externals???
>
> maybe a patch to debian package pd-pdogg, which could then get upstream,
> since for some (especially older) externals this may be the most actively
> maintained repo? I don't know about [oggread~] in particular though ... but
> is this problem/patch only a windows one?
>

> Simon

Rafael Vega
email.rafa at gmail.com