[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1143 Multiple Midi Devices Get Confused

Ticket 1143 1143 at bugs.pure-data.p.re.sf.net
Tue Apr 29 12:50:04 CEST 2014

---

** [bugs:#1143] Multiple Midi Devices Get Confused**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.43
**Labels:** Midi Device Names
**Created:** Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Pd version 0.43.4-extended
Mac OS X 10.7.2/Intel (also happens on Mac OSX 10.5.5/Intel)
Built-in sound

Hi all,

Thanks for a brilliant piece of software, please can I raise an issue which is a problem especially gigging...

When using multiple midi devices, if there is any change to the midi devices available (e.g. I sometimes use a pedalboard depending on situation), this confuses which device is assigned to which input/output in PureData, even using completely different midi devices - I understand that PureData uses id numbers for each available device/port, which can change, rather than the names of the devices which do not.

Therefore, please can this be change to use midi device names, so the PureData input/outputs settings stay the same, even if a device is offline/unavailable? This would mean one can use multiple midi devices with confidence (and make use of more than 16 channels output!)

Thanks,

Rob

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/