[PD-dev] VBAP SVN commit access request

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 23:12:37 CEST 2014

On 04/28/2014 10:25 AM, zs at sympatico.ca wrote:
> HI Jonathan -  Yes, that would be me ( / "ours").   Happy to take the
> VBAP appointment.  OI have a small update to commit (starting with an
> updated Makefile).
>
> Now to see about getting some permissions ?

Someone with sourceforge permissions needs to give them to you.

Out of the five maintainers listed on Sourceforge--  eighthave, fbar,
ggeiger, millerpuckette, zmoelnig-- I think only 3 are active--
eighthave, millerpuckette, zmoelnig-- and I have a sneaking suspicion
Miller doesn't know how to grant you permission on Sourceforge.

So that leaves eighthave or zmoelnig.  Those are the two developers I
referred to with "Hans?  IOhannes?" and they evidently haven't responded
to your inquiry.

It's quite possible they haven't responded because there's been a "lazy
consensus" model of giving access to new developers.  Here's how it works:

1) You ask for access
2) Somebody responds telling you that if nobody objects in an
unspecified amount of time you'll be granted access
3) Nobody responds for an unspecified period of time
4) You wait, wondering whether you really want to devote your time to a
project that can't even welcome new developers without being
passive-aggressive about it.  If you do, you send yet another request.

So, due to my explanation, I guess we're at step 2.

In the meantime if you want you can post a diff here.  If nobody ever
responds to you then at the very least we can patch Pd-l2ork's vbap to
reflect your changes (though it's probably easier if someone gives you
access and you can do it here).

-Jonathan