[PD-dev] OSC Pd issue

IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-dev pd-dev at lists.iem.at
Wed Jul 2 16:43:22 CEST 2014

On 07/02/2014 11:34 AM, ULStudent:CROHAN.FITZGERALD via Pd-dev wrote:
> ?Hello all,
>
> I have sensor data coming into my Raspberry Pi.  I can see this data in Python.
> I want to use this data in Pd.
>
> I have used the following tutorial (incl. the code)  but the data is not coming into Pd. The Python part of the code seems to be working correctly.
> https://github.com/alx-s/RPi_tutorials/tree/master/OSC_python-pd
>
> I have changed my Pd preferences so that Pd is directed to the mrpeach location.
> ./usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/mrpeach
> ?
>
> I'm am a new to Pd, so sorry if this is a very basic issue, but I have searched hard online for a solution already.

so how does your patch look like?

make sure that:
- you are indeed sending the data to Pd. what is the address/port you
used in your python script?
- make sure you have a  [udpreceive XXX] object in your patch, with XXX
being the destination port from the python script.
- if you hook up a [print] object to [udpreceive] you should already get
masses of data, though it will be "just numbers" (binary dumps of the
OSC-messages).
be aware that this can flood your Pd-console and make Pd non-responsive,
so be sure to have a way to switch off the data-stream (e.g. killing the
python script)
- then use [unpackOSC] to decode the binary data into proper OSC messages.

fgmdsar
IOhannes