[PD-dev] building pdlua (was Re: [PD] pdlua)

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 22 18:25:18 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-22 06:19, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> here's another makefile for pdlua, that is based on the most recent
> template/Makefile.
>
> it's supposed to be dropped into loaders/pdlua/
> (rather than (loaders/pdlua/src/)
>
> the main differences between the old Makefile (which could still
> co-exist, as it lives in another directory) are:
> - uses LUA_CFLAGS and LUA_LIBS to override *only* the compiler/linker
> flags for the system-installed lua
> - has all standard build targetes do something useful.
> esp. "make install" and "make dist"
> the only target that is not working is "dpkg-source" (which imho ,
> shouldn't be working anyhow)
>
> to make PdX switch to the new makefile, a few amendments are required
> (which i can provide, once this Makefile has been accepted)

I added the Makefile to /trunk/externalsloaders/pdlua/ in svn.
The problem I get is that it looks for lua.h in /usr/include/lua but my
debian system put lua.h in /usr/include/lua5.1. I know if you get lua
independently of debian it will go into /usr/include/lua. What is the
best way to resolve this path for the different versions and different
packages? Is a configure script needed to set LUA_CFLAGS and LUA_LIBS?

Martin