[PD-dev] [PD] Should message objects be able to pre-parse $0 into valid dollarzero?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 19:31:01 CEST 2014

That's not a bad idea, but I think it would have to be a construction that wouldn't break backwards compatibility.

I suppose I can't think of an obvious case where something like @1 would currently be used inside a message box.  But with backwards compatibility an accumulation of edge cases can be just as frustrating as breaking obvious cases.  Also, the fact that these variables would be able to get expanded within a string makes more edge cases likely.

-Jonathan