[PD-dev] [PD] pd gui

Colet Patrice colet.patrice at free.fr
Sun Sep 14 13:23:29 CEST 2014

Le 13/09/2014 23:37, Ivica Ico Bukvic a écrit :

> On 9/13/2014 5:10 PM, Colet Patrice wrote:
>>
>> I don't know the implications of introducing some wizard that rewrite
>> code into patches for backward compatibility,
>> but the idea looks seducing for me because it might break inertia
>> that makes the GUI still looking like patching in the nineties.
>>
>> Sorry for the cynicism but it's truely a joke we sometimes share when
>> it's about pd interface.
>>
> If you would like to contribute to "upgrading" the UI to something
> more contemporary, we could always use more help on pd-l2ork side of
> things where the canvas currently uses SVG for drawing all contents
> (see http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=2554 for more info). More
> so, we are currently starting to port entire gui to qt library which
> should make things considerably more flexible/efficient...

  I'm allready using pd-l2ork on my linux boxes when I don't use stuff
we can only find in pd-0.45 and greater,
particulary the ability of storing text in datastructure, and when I
don't have to rewrite an install script.
  I'm even advising any new comer using GNU/Linux to use l2ork before he
is disgusted by the old interface,
but they are a few, almost all people I know (and sometimes work with)
that would use pd have OSX or Windows and have no clue about how to
install l2ork.

This imply a very tiny collaborative field, which doesn't sound really
reassuring, even if on screenshots this looks great.
Anyway, the use of qt looks promising and might give to me the
opportunity of upgrading my pianoroll interface.

Regards,

patco