[PD-dev] [pure-data:feature-requests] #141 Advanced Code-Comment/Documentation Posibilities

Ticket 141 141 at feature-requests.pure-data.p.re.sf.net
Sun Nov 9 12:41:19 CET 2014

---

** [feature-requests:#141] Advanced Code-Comment/Documentation Posibilities**

**Status:** open
**Group:** Next Release (example)
**Labels:** Comment Documentation
**Created:** Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:41 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:41 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Hey,

what I really miss in PD is the opportunity for proper code-comments and code-documentation.

At this point it would be very useful, to write a comment-tag for every object.
(Like it's implemented for number-objects).
At the moment, I have to place an extra comment-object beside a message-object to comment their behavior. Thats pretty circuitous, because if I want to move the message-object, I also have to move the separate comment.

Furthermore it would be pretty cool, if one could change the color of each object.
(Like it's implemented for switches).
With this option it would be possible to mark coherent or very important parts of the code in different colors.

Another big enhancement for clarity would be the opportunity to format comments.
For example to change the comment color, or to format comments bold or underlined.
At the moment I have to position the comment and a copy of itself stacked, to achieve a pseudo bold effect. But that's pretty laborious.

I would be very happy, if some of the features could be implemented in PD.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/feature-requests/