[PD-dev] auto-build server not synced with svn

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:33:16 CET 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Fred Jan Kraan <fjkraan at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After checking in some changes for cyclone, I hoped to see the results in
> the last remaining daily build, the
> Pd-0.44.0-extended-20150104-debian-wheezy-amd64.deb <
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2015-01-04/Pd-
> 0.44.0-extended-20150104-debian-wheezy-amd64.deb>. But it appears it is
> no longer synced with the svn repository and builds the same code every day.
> To make sure the state of cyclone code is still ok, I checked out the
> repositry and recompiled. Cyclone is ok, but some other libraries fail:

> loaders-pdlua: pdlua.c:45:17: fatal error: lua.h: No such file or directory
>
> For the loaders-pdlua library I found it expects the lua.h in
> /usr/lib/lua/ while the actual directory is lua5.2.

Actually the Makefile in externals/loaders/pdlua specifies

LUA_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/lua

and
LUA_LIBS   = -llua

pdlua.c will compile against lua versions 5.1 and 5.2, it uses the
LUA_VERSION_NUM from lua.h to determine which one.
As it's possible to have both versions installed on a given machine, I
don't know how the pd-extended build is supposed to decide which one
to use.

I'm guessing that the build farm machines use symlinks in
/usr/include/lua and /usr/lib to point to the header and library.

There are some differences between the versions which mean some of the
examples won't run, as the "sandbox" only works in 5.1.

Martin