[PD-dev] auto-build server not synced with svn

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 5 20:17:23 CET 2015

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply,
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Fred Jan Kraan <fjkraan at xs4all.nl
> <mailto:fjkraan at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     After checking in some changes for cyclone, I hoped to see the
>     results in the last remaining daily build, the
>     Pd-0.44.0-extended-20150104-debian-wheezy-amd64.deb
>     <http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2015-01-04/Pd-0.44.0-extended-20150104-debian-wheezy-amd64.deb>.
>     But it appears it is no longer synced with the svn repository and
>     builds the same code every day.
>     To make sure the state of cyclone code is still ok, I checked out
>     the repositry and recompiled. Cyclone is ok, but some other
>     libraries fail:

>     loaders-pdlua: pdlua.c:45:17: fatal error: lua.h: No such file or
>     directory
>
>     For the loaders-pdlua library I found it expects the lua.h in
>     /usr/lib/lua/ while the actual directory is lua5.2.
>

> Actually the Makefile in externals/loaders/pdlua specifies
> LUA_CFLAGS  =  -I/usr/include/lua
> and
> LUA_LIBS    =  -llua
> pdlua.c will compile against lua versions 5.1 and 5.2, it uses the LUA_VERSION_NUM from lua.h to determine which one.
> As it's possible to have both versions installed on a given machine, I don't know how the pd-extended build is supposed to decide which one to use.
> I'm guessing that the build farm machines use symlinks in /usr/include/lua and /usr/lib to point to the header and library.
There is a /usr/include/lua/lua.h which points to
usr/include/lua5.1/lua.h and a /usr/bin/lua pointing to /usr/bin/lua5.1.
Nothing lua in /usr/lib, that was just me being confused.

The lua.h is still not found, but I will look into it later. It is not
essential, just nice to have it working or understand why it doesn't.
>   There are some differences between the versions which mean some of
> the examples won't run, as the "sandbox" only works in 5.1.
>
> Martin
Fred Jan