[PD-dev] Mouse over editing Pd patch

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 12:55:16 CET 2015

What about this...
When I am editing a huge patch like the Ninja Jamm patch, where everything is on the same level (i.e. as few sub-patches as possible) moving the mouse over the patch causes a CPU spike, regardless of whether I change, move or connect anything or not.
Could this be changed? I don't know all the guts of Pd, but if you could just move around the mouse pointer withouthaving to wait for 20 seconds or so before you can do anything, it would save a lot of time.

I think I heard once that any change to the patch means that Pd has to re-draw the entire graph. IMHO surely moving the mouse should not require this? I wait to be corrected! xEd

Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new music remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
http://www.ninjajamm.com/

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/