[PD-dev] [PD] more about float limitation

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:52:48 CET 2015

I like the term 'fat-precision'. So if we have fat-precision binaries
where single and double precision versions of an external class or lib
are linked together, 'legacy' (well, current) Pd would refuse to load
the single precision part, because it comes across a function
<myclass>_setup64() which is unresolved. Unresolved means it can't
find the definition, right? And we can't provide a dummy definition
for this situation, as that would get in the way of the definition in
precision-aware Pd. Hmm. This defies the purpose of fat-precision
binaries, where Pd users don't need to bother about precisionness of
externals.

Katja