[PD-dev] MakeFileTemplate question

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Tue Mar 17 11:30:10 CET 2015

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the MakeFile template provided in svn…

AFAICT, it is designed for two cases:

1. A single external is built for each C source file specified in the SOURCES list
2. Additionally multiple sources can be linked in a single shared library if specified in the SHARED_SOURCE list. The external object is then linked dynamically to this shared library, so we get two files: e.g. myext.dylib myext.pd_darwin

So the questions:

- Does anyone know the reasoning behind “2”? It seems unnecessarily compllicated creating the shared library
- Is there any way to use the template as it stands, to create a single external from multiple sources (without the additional shared library being created)? It seems like make LIBRARY_NAME should do it, but on OS X, this gives me the following error:

	make: *** No rule to make target `libmyext.o', needed by `myext'

Thanks,

Jamie

--
http://jamiebullock.com