[PD-dev] Build dependent behaviour of external [routeOSC]

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:49:59 CET 2015

Hi

Attached patch exhibits different behavior depending on where and how
[routeOSC] was built. It seems pre-built binaries from the Debian
repositories insert an empty symbol (see attached patch) in the output,
but only on amd64 and armhf (Raspberry Pi), but not i386. Also, when I
compile routeOSC myself on those platforms (amd64, armhf), the result
shows the expected behavior.

routeOSC from Pd-extended works as expected on all platforms.

It looks to me as if the way the external is compiled is responsible for
the differences. Among others I'm in charge of the package pd-osc in the
Debian repository, but I don't have a clue how to track such a problem.
That is why I am asking the list. Any clues?

How likely is it that other externals are not working exactly the same
on different platforms? I'm more concerned about 'not exactly' than
about 'not at all'.

Roman