[PD-dev] Compiling externals for Windows

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:13:02 CEST 2015

Hey all

The new deken plugin makes me want to compile externals for Windows.
There seem to be many ways to go and I might save some time if I knew
beforehand what works and what no so well. I have access to the
following archs:

* Debian 7 (i386, amd64, armv6l)
* Debian 8 (i383, amd64)
* Ubuntu 14.04 (i386, amd64)
* Windows XP (w32)

What are people using? Are you compiling directly on Windows or are you
cross-compiling from Linux? Are you going with the tool chain from your
Distro or are you downloading the highest and latest manually?

On a related note: How feasible is it to cross-compile for Mac OS X?

Roman