[PD-dev] Compiling externals for Windows

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Jun 22 11:16:49 CEST 2015

Hi Roman,

Thanks for following this up.

On 22/06/15 16:42, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> Probably the path issue needs to be already fixed in Pd?

Martin Peach reported the exact same hevhaviour you experienced with Pd
and paths.

How hard would it be for you to try this with the latest version of Pd
from git on Windows? Miller merged a fix from IOhannes a while ago to do
with Windows default search paths which might help this issue.

> I couldn't figure out why Deken cannot extract the archive on its own.
> Might this be also a privilege issue?

Windows has no command line 'unzip' functionality (or indeed tar). TCL
8.6 ships with zlib so if/when Pd uses that version we will be able to
do native unzip on Windows.

Cheers,

Chris.

--