[PD-dev] Compiling externals for Windows

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:08:25 CEST 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 17:16 +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
>  Miller merged a fix from IOhannes a while ago to do
> with Windows default search paths which might help this issue.

I tested on Windows 7 and Pd does find deken in the right place now:

---
deken-plugin.tcl (Pd externals search) in C:/Users/rhaefeli/AppData/Roaming/Pd loaded.
Platform detected: Windows-i386-32bit
----

However, when I download freeverb, I get (deken window):

---
can't create directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Pd": permission denied
can't create directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Pd": permission denied
    while executing
"file mkdir $::deken::installpath"
    (procedure "::deken::clicked_link" line 3)
    invoked from within
"::deken::clicked_link .externals_searchui http://puredata.info/Members/chr15m/freeverb~(Windows-i386-32)-externals.zip freeverb~(Windows-i386-32)-exte..."
    (command bound to event)
----

Obviously, it still tries to download to the old path.

For loading externals, Pd apparently checks old and new style paths.
Maybe deken just picks the first and doesn't try any other?

Roman