[PD-dev] Compiling externals for Windows

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:39:37 CEST 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 13:08 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2015-06-23 11:06, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > set ::deken::installpath  $env(USERPROFILE)
> >
> > makes deken download to the correct path in W7. Can't test in Windows XP
>
> are you sure?
> i would expect that to install to "%AppData%" rather than "%AppData%\Pd".

Now, that you mention it, I wonder about it, too, but it really does
download to "%AppData%\Pd". Anyway, it only works on Windows (probably
not even on Windows XP). It's definitely not the solution.

> but probably the best solution would be to check all paths in
> ::sys_staticpath and use the first one that is writeable.

What is the origin of ::sys_staticpath? Shouldn't normally the order be
local first, system last? If the order of ::sys_staticpath would be
"correct", it'd work on Windows XP _and_ Windows 7, right?

Roman