[PD-dev] Compiling externals for Windows

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:00:44 CEST 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 15:31 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2015-06-23 15:01, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > On Linux, the order seems to be local first, system last:
>
> yes, that is what my flawed logic was based upon...

Why flawed?

> > I guess if we have that on Windows, too, things should work fine.

> i think the better approach is to filter the non-writable directories
> from the list before selecting one as the destination.
>
> Fixed in https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/49

Cool.

Before I knew about your fix, I also submitted a patch to sourceforge
for pure-data that changes the order of sys_staticpath for Windows, so
that your 'flawed logic' wouldn't be flawed. I'd say it would make sense
anyway to change the order, not only for deken, but it seems to be
common notion that local paths are checked first, global last.

https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/patches/553/

I tested on Windows 7 with above patch applied and deken downloads to
the correct location.

Roman