[PD-dev] maintenance of builds for deken

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 6 13:50:32 CEST 2015

On 2015-07-06 13:20, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> is why I'd like to do it. Zexy already is available in Deken, but shows
> up with weird, non-standard names. I don't need to maintain zexy
> separately, if you - IOhannes - have intentions to do that yourself.

note that most things i currently uploaded is for *testing the plugin
development*, and not actually meant as the official deken packages.

this is a bit unfortunate, but i guess it cannot be helped for now.

as for the "non-standard names": no.
i consider it a feature that you can give a "title" to each uploaded
file on puredata.info, which need not have anything to do with the
actual filename.
if you upload a file via deken (or simply don't care to provide a proper
title), then the system choses the filename as a (reasonable) default.
now the deken-plugin currently displays this title, which sometimes
appears to be out of context (e.g. "OSX universal builds" makes totally
sense on the puredata.info webpage where this is an item within the
zexy/2.7.12 release; it makes less sense within the deken-plugin where
this context is missing).
i consider this a bug in the deken-plugin not on the upload platform.

fgmasdr
IOhannes