[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1214 (Tcl) ERROR ... while executing... : no such object

Ticket 1214 1214 at bugs.pure-data.p.re.sf.net
Fri Aug 7 23:28:05 CEST 2015

---

** [bugs:#1214] (Tcl) ERROR ... while executing... : no such object**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.46
**Labels:** Tcl ERROR .x10698a0: no such object
**Created:** Fri Aug 07, 2015 09:28 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Fri Aug 07, 2015 09:28 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

This problem has been frustrating me since Pd-extended v.43-4 came. The error renders Pd unusable, the only option being to kill the program and restart it after its occurrence. As no corrections or updates came after Pd-extended v.43.4, a solution is still pending and desired.

I have tried to look for errors in the code of the external object connected to the problem, which simply implements a GUI using tcl/tk, but in fact this code has always worked without problems in the v.42.x and nothing was modified after that. The problem is likely to be connected somehow to tcl/tk flags generation/interception in the Pd-extended v.43.4.

The error comes when a patch window having the GUI object is closed. What follows is that the GUI object is in fact deleted in the window, but the window itself never goes away: it remains open, with just a few text objects on it.

The following error message (in red) appears on the console:

(Tcl) ERRO NÃO TRATADO: image "1081750SPEAKER0" doesn't exist
    while executing
"image delete 1081750SPEAKER0"
    ("uplevel" body line 618)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd".x10698a0: no such object
.x10698a0: no such object
.x10698a0: no such object
.x10698a0: no such object
.x10698a0: no such object

The last lines shown above keep coming in dozens as I move the mouse.
After that, the only option is to kill Pd and restart it.

The line in the original c code containing the "image delete" command is shown below, within a "for" loop:
 for ( ei=0; ei<x->x_num_src; ei++ )
    {
        sys_vgui(".x%x.c delete %xOUT%d\n", canvas, x, ei );
        sys_vgui(".x%x.c delete %xISPEAKER%d\n", canvas, x, ei );
        sys_vgui(".x%x.c delete %xSPEAKERNUM%d\n", canvas, x, ei );
        sys_vgui("image delete %xSPEAKER%d\n", x, ei );
    }

I would appreciate any help to provide means to turn off Tcl messaging mechanisms in Pd, or suggestions of flags and additional code that I could insert into the external code so to fix it, or even suggestions to change order of things in the code that could lead to a solution.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Problem reported in Pd-extended v.43.4
MAC OS 10.8.5/Intel

---