[PD-dev] loading classes: search by directory rather than extension

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 03:19:51 CEST 2015

In other words, [declare] objects within any child abstractions get hoisted to thetop of the relevant Pd file (in the form of an #X declare statement).
Another question because I can't remember-- where does the patch's owndirectory fall in the search path scheme?
Also-- can one control the order of the loaders, esp. the default loader andthe abstraction loader?
Finally-- it's too bad that laws against hacking are so stringent.  If they weren'tthis would be the perfect time to send you a response from Miller's email addysaying, "I trust your judgment and will accept whatever patch-local loadingsolution you come up with."  Perhaps that'd be enough to convince you todevote an unfathomable _2nd_ sitting to code up a solution to a hard problem.

And when you finally figured out it was a ruse, I'd be on a plane to the bahamaswith your code safely committed to my GUI port repo.

-Jonathan

     On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:47 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

 On 09/23/2015 11:45 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> spending a few hours without pen and paper (and a non-booting desktop
> machine for diversion) i got a headache and dropped it.

just to get that right: i *did* spend those hours coding a solution, but
miserably failed.

gfmdsar
IOhannes