[PD-dev] loading classes: search by directory rather than extension

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:36:15 CEST 2015

Yeah - having never used a 'loader' at all, they appear like magic to me.
Anyway, careful thought is needed here...

I forgot yet one more problem I want to resolve: readsf~ and writesf~ use
the path in a non-thread-safe way.

The problem I mentioned that you couldn't identify from my description
earlier was that, if anyone ever loads an extern named "foo" (for instance)
then all the search path business will be short-circuited when anyone says
"foo" in an object box, as if "foo" were a built-in object.  This can happen
even in the middle of loading a patch so that some "foo" objects get one thing
and others another.  I don't know ifthis extends to other "loaders" or not.

cheers