[PD-dev] loading classes: search by directory rather than extension

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 27 21:42:15 CEST 2015

On 09/26/2015 12:44 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On 25/09/15 23:04, Miller Puckette wrote:
>> I'd like to get a better understanding of all this n part because I'd
>> like
>> to incorporate deken into Pd vanilla assuming its developers are cool
>> with
>> that.
>
> I don't know about IOhannes [who at this point has probably contributed
> more lines of code than me to deken] but I am definitely cool with that.

i think it's great.

i think there are still a few issues open that should be fixed before
integrating the code¹

> If this happened it would probably make sense to split the tcl plugin
> out to go into Pd vanilla and keep the deken packaging script as a
> separate project.

i don't think that the packaging script should be part of Pd.

gfmdsa
IOhannes

¹ and then there is dekenception: it would be way easier to implement it
if deken was included in Pd; but i doubt whether it would be accepted...
...but then i don't even know whether it makes sense