[PD-dev] moving to git

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 16 19:37:17 CEST 2015

On 10/16/2015 12:24 AM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-dev wrote:
> Oh, those are both absolutely insecure by default.

"both"?

>   You (and Sourceforge)
> default to insecure connections.  Sourceforge only forces the encryption when
> the user needs to write something.
>
> Nevertheless, I think it's cases like this one which "Let's Encrypt" is designed to solve.  I'm happy to leave it to them to eventually lift the work you've done
> up into the 21st century.

rather than keep on ranting, you could have just cloned the repositories
via https (after checking the BIG RED WARNING and assuring that it
indeed is a valid certificate from a trusted party that just happens to
use the wrong hostname) into your super-secret gitlab instance at OSUOSL
which does everything better and not only uses cryptography but also
21st century steganography to protect everybody's privacy.

fgmard
IOhannes