[PD-dev] Windows installer for Pd

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:20:45 CEST 2015

Hey all

In order to make Pd as accessible as possible also to casual Pd users on
Windows, I think it should come as an installer (as other software does
as well). That's one of the things I think Pd-extended did right.

What's the stance about it from Miller and other people?

I just went ahead and tried to do it myself. Please check:
http://www.netpd.org/~roman/tmp/nsis_installer/

It's based on the NSIS scripting language and compiler. My silent hope
is that the reason for Pd currently being delivered as zip is simply
laziness, and that you, Miller, would be willing to adopt the script.
I'd welcome any feedback.

Roman