[PD-dev] [pure-data:patches] #564 silence "signal out to non-signal in" error when it makes no sense

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at users.sf.net
Mon Nov 2 20:51:07 CET 2015

---

** [patches:#564] silence "signal out to non-signal in" error when it makes no sense**

**Status:** open
**Group:** bugfix
**Labels:** puredata
**Created:** Mon Nov 02, 2015 07:51 PM UTC by IOhannes m zmölnig
**Last Updated:** Mon Nov 02, 2015 07:51 PM UTC
**Owner:** Miller Puckette
**Attachments:**

- [0001-silence-DSP-error-when-autopatching.patch](https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/patches/564/attachment/0001-silence-DSP-error-when-autopatching.patch) (1.6 kB; text/x-diff)

Pd throws a (searchable) error whenever it encounters an illegal connection between a signal outlet and a non-signal inlet. great!

however, there are two use-cases where the error-message is not helpful and instead clutters the Pd-console with needless chitchat:

- when the destination object did not create for whatever reasons (which already gave us an "object not found" error)

luckily for us, the two use-cases can be fixed with a single bugfix (in a single line!), that just checks whether the destination object is a non-instantiated object (of `text_class`), in which case the error printout should be suppressed.

the attached patch (against current git HEAD) fixes the issue.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/patches/