[PD-dev] Pd-extended EOL?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Nov 9 23:27:45 CET 2015

On Nov 9, 2015, at 8:55 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 11/09/2015 08:44 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> For a long time, I used a git workflow that kept the Pd-extended changes as a set of patches on top of vanilla, you can see that in the 'patch_series' branch.  You can see that in the history.  I ultimately abandoned that because there were too many commits from vanilla that I had to remove in order to keep things working.  So I switched to treating vanilla as a source of patches which I included into the pd-extended master.  I regularly submitted patches that didn't rely on the Pd-extended stuff to the patch tracker.  Many of those were ignored for years.  I have no idea the current state of them.
> [...]
>
> thanks for clarification.

The big blocker for me on merging new code from vanilla is what to do with the portaudio stuff.  Pd-extended has a bunch of changes, I believe mostly from you, IOhannes.  If memory serves me, there were also issues with vanilla's support of OSX audio output.  The audio I/O stuff I've never really followed so well.