[PD-dev] Pull-request: deken plugin with commit history

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Nov 17 04:20:33 CET 2015

Hi Miller,

On 17/11/15 10:44, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Still a git newbie...

I only know just enough to make other peoples' computers explode.

> I added github as a remote OK, but then "git fetch github" doesn;t seem to
> get me anything.  Also tried "git fetch github deken-plugin-history-merged"
> which prints out:
>
>  From github.com:pure-data/pure-data
>   * branch            deken-plugin-history-merged -> FETCH_HEAD
>
> but then I get:
>
> [msp at fuzz pd]$ git branch
>    0.42
>    0.43
>    0.45
>    0.46
>    m-audio-workaround
> * master
>    tmp
>
> So I think there's something I'm not getting...

Ok, I think the final step would be:

git checkout deken-plugin-history-merged

And then if you like it:

git checkout master
git merge deken-plugin-history-merged

Before you do this I'd be more comfortable if somebody else on this list
verified that I am not leading us into a stupid place. IOhannes?

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/