[PD-dev] Pd include paths on Windows

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:38:27 CET 2015

Hi,

Roman, thanks for providing the script and Miller thanks for
distributing Pd with installer.

I'm aware that Pd can be copied / installed on any location of choice,
but to keep things manageable Makefile.pdlibbuilder only searches
preferred paths as proposed by 'official' Pd distributions. Windows
has whitespace in those paths anyhow, which are interpreted by GNU
make (and maybe other scripting languages) as list element separators.
Meaning you can't use make's built-in functions if some processing
must be done on those paths. This greatly adds to the puzzle that a
portable build system is. One of the tricks a developer can use is to
cd into $(PROGRAMFILES) and process relative paths names from there.
Now you can imagine my surprise when I came across 'Pure Data'.

Katja